Tracking the state of a global request from the client?

Using 'ssh_forward_listen', I can request that the server expose a remote listening port.

In our production environment, the OpenSSH server has been modified query the database for authorization information to allow or deny the remote listener. During this period, libssh will return an 'SSH_AGAIN' code from the call to 'ssh_forward_listen'.

Is it possible to query libssh for the updated state of the request a few seconds later?

Cheers
 - Gearoid