Re: using ssh_channel_write for command execution problem

On Thursday, 7 November 2019 16:24:01 CET Karah Sekir wrote:
> yes I have seen exec.c, I believe that ssh_channel_exec() without shell
> executes exactly 1 command, but what I am trying to achieve is executing
> multiple related commands that put the shell into a certain mode and then
> read some data. That's why I request the PTY, then shell and then I would
> use multiple ssh_channel_writes.
>
> I think this is not a libssh bug or anything, seems like an environment
> issue - libssh sends data correctly, probably the system/server says
> everything was sent correctly but the data is never executed on the server.
> It's mind-boggling, no idea what could be the cause.

a) you need a non-interactive shell

http://api.libssh.org/stable/libssh_tutor_shell.html

b) you should to check if it succeeded or not

./mycommand && echo OK || echo KO

So after you sent it, read from the channel and create a command protocol.

Let me know if you get it working. It would be great to get

http://api.libssh.org/stable/libssh_tutor_shell.html

updated with an example for this.

	Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                 asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D