Re: [RFC] channels regression issue

On Tue, 2020-04-14 at 09:08 +0200, Heiko Thiery wrote:
> Hi Andreas and all,
>

> Am Mi., 1. Apr. 2020 um 15:49 Uhr schrieb Heiko Thiery <
> heiko.thiery@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Am Mi., 1. Apr. 2020 um 08:08 Uhr schrieb Andreas Schneider
> > <asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > >
> > > Hello Heiko,
> > >
> > > could you please create a Merge Request for the patches at:
> > >
> > > https://gitlab.com/libssh/libssh-mirror/
> > >
> > > This way we get some CI runs.
> >
> > Ok, I will do a pull-request.
>
> I created a pull-request and the CI runs pass.

Thank you.

> > > The next question would be if you could write a test for it :-)
> >
> > I can take a look on that.
>
> Can anyone give me some hints how I can create these tests?

Tests are living in the tests/ directory. This does not sound like
something that could be covered with unit test so either client or
server directory would be appropriate. We do not have much code
coverage for this low-level channel handling so it is appropriate to
create a new test based either of existing ones invoking this timeout
and this bug. The testsuite already allows you to start openssh servers
(most of the tests under client/) or invoke existing clients (for
example pkd/ tests).

Let me know if you will have some trouble putting things together.

Regards,
--
Jakub Jelen
Senior Software Engineer