Re: Question about libssh 0.9.x & 0.10.x

Hi,
both of these are mostly stable releases, but 0.9 is based on initial
release in 2019 [0] and 0.10 on initial release in 2022 [1] (see the
dates on the download tarballs). Since their initial release, they
received mostly bugfixes and security fixes. This means the 0.10 has
some ~3 years of development and new features (and bugs ;) ) when
compared to 0.9.

With the release of 0.11 later this year, you can expect that 0.9 will
be deprecated (only last two releases are supported [2]) so if you aim
to support your software after this date, I would suggest to go ahead
with 0.10 (or even wait for 0.11).

To the question what version to use, it depends on the use case. If
you need some feature from 0.10, you have to go to 0.10. Similarly if
you plan to use your software further after this year in secure
manner, 0.9 will not be officially supported. On the other hand,
updating to 0.9 should be less painful to do regualrly as it has less
changes for you (but both of the versions should be ABI compatible).

[0] https://www.libssh.org/files/0.9/
[1] https://www.libssh.org/files/0.10/
[2] https://www.libssh.org/development/security-process/

Regards,