Re: tutorial/example sftp in non blocking mode

On Mon, 2024-05-13 at 18:15 -0400, reid.thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, 2024-05-13 at 11:50 -0700, Norm Green wrote:
> > sftp is broken in nonblocking mode. Only ssh works.
> >
> > See: https://gitlab.com/libssh/libssh-mirror/-/issues/58
> >
> > Norm Green
> >

> Thanks,
>
> so at this time, sftp is blocking only?
>
> And it looks like sftp_async_read* have been deprecated.

So, I want to follow up on this, it appears that sftp_async_read* have been
marked as deprecated, but the sftp tutorial still has a section describing
non-blocking asynchronous reading via this mechanism.
Is this method broken, or just deprecated in anticipation of a better
implementation in the future?