Re: ssh_handle_packets blocking issue

On Tuesday 05 April 2011 12:10:22 you wrote:
> Hi Sharon,
>
> Thanks so much for your response :)
>
> > I found that ssh_handle_packets() was always blocking with a -1 after a
> > channel had been successfully created.
> >

> > I stepped through libssh a bit more and found that it was stuck in a
> > condition that it couldn’t ever get out of because the POLLERR flag was
> > being set on the events  member of the pollfd struct and yet it was being
> > looked for on the revents member.
>
> Yes it seems similar to what I am seeing though I haven't tried to deduce
> what is causing the block. I could verify if my block is taking place for
> similar reasons such as what you mention if that helps someone here.
>
> A question that has been going through my mind has been if this is related
> to X11 specifically or other channels too and your reply answers that.
>
> I agree that a quick hack won't solve this, I have a temporary 2 second
> timeout but that's not the right way to do this.
>
> I'll try to collect more info on why things are failing at my end too,
> in the meantime
> if someone here needs me to try something specific in order to figure this
> please let me know.

If this is on Windows, which Windows version are you running? We have a
poll(2)-emulation for older Windows versions. This version doesn't set
POLLERR, maybe that's causing the problem.

If this is the problem we need to set it in the case you're running into.

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
www.cryptomilk.org                asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx