Re: Remote EOF and MinGW builds

Hi,

On 03.03.2010 10:02, Andreas Schneider wrote:
On Wednesday 03 March 2010 00:48:53 you wrote:
As far as I know poll() and select() offer the same functionality.
Select() needs a little more memory than poll(), but it is way more
platform independent. Thus I've adopted the library to use select().
This makes the files "poll.h" and "poll.c" obsolete.

Select can only handle a limited number of handles. This limit is defined by
the operating system and differs. On Linux the limit is 1024 handles and on
Windows it is 64. A lot of people work with more handles than 64 and some even
with more than 1024.

I forgot to mention, that the Patch is for 0.4.1, which uses only one file handle and therefore using select() should be OK. At least after changing, the dll is working as it should.

The code from the trunk of the version system, seems to be terribly broken. Can you confirm this? Therefore I could not test if the 0.5 code is also eating/ignoring remote EOFs...

Regards

Thomas